The provocation of line and colour is the subsequent value of the artist and the art.
Lucy Drumonde‘s cartoon and illustration design is the harmonizing line with the intensity of colour. The love of lines, textures, shapes, design, simplicity, and the element s of humour, and seriousness -they unify the complexity of playfulness and personality in the final creation of an idea. Artists such as Peter Max, John Welsey, Alexander Caldwell, Gustave Klimt’s, and Egan Schiele have whimsical patterns in usage of their lines and colour. As well their work has generated emotional and poetic expression. These artists draw contradictions towards each other, and yet convene to their audience the narration in their work. The theory of line and colour is to create a simplistic image in its equal balance. The feeling of the paper with the pencil, and the pen, they create the rhythm, and the lyrical aspects of the model or character. Egon Schiele’s drawing is an example he demonstrates in the intensity of his style. These artists have given me direction to my own freelance unique style of drawing, animation, illustration, painting, cartooning in linear observation, and the unmanliness of colour.
Lucy Drumonde’s art illustrates the emotion, spiritual, and individual journey. The journey can be about vulnerability, fear, confusion, anger, denial, and acceptance. The manipulation of the image is to demonstrate the different levels of complexities of human behaviour – and they provide the narration of the character. Many of these characters are created conceptually in their private world with social themes. They are trauma, happiness, depression, and struggle in emotional poignancy. These themes ask, “Who is this person?” What is he or she feeling? All these elements are to get an emotional reaction by the audience, while the artist’s thoughts still remain in the work. The result is the contradiction of the artist’s thoughts hidden in the work versus how she is actually feeling is part of soliciting cultural commentary. This is the interesting ideal to actually present what I am feeling, rather than just providing commentary while continuing my pursuit of art as a form of self-expression.
Lucy Drumonde January 31, 2021
Gallery and exhibitions
• "Portraits of Resiliently” Art Gallery of Ontario Toronto Canada 2021
• Being Scene 3Oth Anniversary Workman Arts Toronto Ontario Nov.2020
• “Quarantine Blues” Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival Toronto Ontario Oct.2020
• “Consent Is” Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival Toronto Ontario, October 2020
• ‘’ Consent to Enter" York University Toronto, Ontario February 2019
• ‘’ Origins... Workman Arts" Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival Toronto, November 2017
• ‘’ I Feel Fine.’’ Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival Toronto Ont. Nov. 2016
• Stonegate Women’s Services art fair Etobicoke Ontario July 17,2014
• Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival Toronto Ontario November 2013
• “Lindsay Veh, Work in Progress’’ Celebrating Art and Mental Health Toronto, Ontario May 2013
• “Memory” Celebrating Health and Mental Health Week Toronto, Ontario May 2013
• Gospel Gallery Embrace Community Fundraiser Group Show Mississauga, Ontario October 2012
• Propeller Gallery Group Show Toronto, Ontario November 2011
• "Asylum" Nuit Blanche Toronto, Ontario October 1-2 2011
• Maria. A. Shoucuka Library Self-titled art show Toronto, Ontario April 2-30 2012
• (CAMH) Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Library self-titled art show Toronto, Ontario June 2011-June 2012
• Partook International Internet Art Gallery www.arts-books.net Europe January -December 2012
• ‘Comfort” Propeller Gallery Artist Gallery Toronto, Ontario Canada December 11-19th 2011
• http://myartandprofile.blogspot.com Art Gallery Philippines September 2011
• Www. Art-books.net International Art Catalogue Europe August 2011
• Workman Arts Membership Showcase Toronto, Canada June 22,2011
• Touched by Fire.com Artist Gallery Toronto, Canada December 2010
• Blue Canvas.com Artist Gallery United States October 2010
• My Folio.com Artist Gallery United States September 2010
• " Variations’’ Group Show” T.A.N Coffee House Toronto, Canada June 1 -30 2010
• Absolute Arts. com Artist Gallery United States January 2009
• Pick'n Art Gallery. com Artist Gallery United Kingdom January 2010
• Painters for Human Rights United States February 4th, 2010
• "An Artist Shadow in a Shutter" You Tube.com Canada February 3, 2010
• Artist Wanted United States January 19th 2010
• Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival Workman Arts- NFB ONF Toronto, Ontario November 2010
• Animate the Issues- Ideas about Illness-Visions of Madness and Addiction November 8-17 2007
• “An Artist’s Shadow in a Shutter” My Space Presentation Canada November 22,2007
• "A New Day in New York’’ You Tube Presentation United States September 11,07
• “Flowers” Facebook Presentation Canada July 2007
• SENAC LAPA SCIPIAO Brazilian Cartoon Competition Brazil June 2005
• BIRD2005 International Art Award Cartoon Competition Beijing China July 2005
• The 1th International China Olympic Cartoon Competition Beijing, China October 2005
• International Cartoon Exhibition "Women Cartoonists draw about Free Expression'' Ploiesti, Romania January 15, 2003
• “The Graffiti Project” Christie Ossingtion Neighborhood Centre Toronto, Ontario July- August 2001
• Art start Annual Art Community Show Toronto, Ontario February 11 2001
• “Art Beyond Borders’’ Art Space Toronto, Ontario November 21 -30 2000
• Women’s ‘Cartoon Competition Ukraine June 1999
• Re: Reproduction Night The Ravioli Toronto, Ontario June 27th 1999
• Cartooned Showcase of Illustrators and Cartoonists United Kingdom May 12th 1997
• Ontario College of Art and Design Open House Toronto, Ontario April 14th 1997
• “It Came from the Steward Building” Toronto, Ontario April 30-31st 1995
• (Integrated Media Graduation Show) Ontario College of Art Annual Art Show Toronto, Ontario April 30-May 1st/1995
• Reva Gerstein Grant 2020
• George Hardy Grant 2019
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
Verified Secure Website with Safe Checkout
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
Verified Archival Materials Used
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
Description from Merchant:
Original artwork is considered multimedia.
Paper,Acrylic ,marker and canvas.